"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

Don Lugos Girls Flag Football Team during a scrimmage game against Chino High School.
Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football
Dyllan Cruz, Features Writer • April 24, 2024

For the first time in Don Lugo’s history, there is a Girl’s Flag Football team! The team officially kicked off in early April with their...

A picture of Sydney Sweeneys character Cecilia dressed as the Virgin Mary.
Review: Immaculate (2024)
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • April 24, 2024

“Immaculate” is an artistic piece that isn’t for the weak. The movie is a horror film that goes hand in hand with religion. This film...

The album cover of J.Coles album Might Delete Later where the song 7 Minute Drill is featured.
J. Cole Apologizes After Dissing Kendrick Lamar in 7 Minute Drill
Michael Vaca, News Writer • April 18, 2024

J.Cole released a diss track following Kendrick Lamar's diss toward Drake and J. Cole in a feature song called "Like That," but J.Cole recently...

Megamind vs. The Doom Syndicate

Andrew+Hartman%2C+a+student+at+Don+Lugo+watching+the+new+Megamind+sequel.+
Sam Konno
Andrew Hartman, a student at Don Lugo watching the new Megamind sequel.

Megamind vs The Doom Syndicate (2024) is the sequel to the film, Megamind (2010) and the pilot for the television series Megamind Rules!.  According to Wikipedia,  “The Doom Syndicate, a super villain team that Megamind used to be part of, breaks out of prison to visit him, thinking that he remains a villain and that his hero role is part of an evil plan. They embark on a crime spree, eventually challenging Megamind to prove he is still evil by robbing a bank.” The movie displays Megamind in a conflicting situation with a choice to be made.

Due to the immense love and support that Megamind got when it was released and the love it still gets to this day, there were high expectations for Megamind vs The Doom Syndicate. Most people expected a different version than what was released, leaving fans greatly disappointed.

Andrew Hartman, a senior here at Don Lugo and Megamind enthusiast, watched Megamind vs The Doom Syndicate with high expectations, and walked out of the theater disappointed. Hartman stated, “I went in and I was very excited, but within the first 10 minutes I realized that I had wasted my money. I had never seen a movie as bad as this one and I don’t recommend this to anyone.”

Megamind vs The Doom Syndicate (2024) was reviewed to have lacked a compelling plot and also was said to be very underwhelming, according to Collider. To further add to the appalling reviews, the movie also has a rating of 2.3/10, according to IMDb and 10% Rotten Tomatoes.