"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

The album cover of J.Coles album Might Delete Later where the song 7 Minute Drill is featured.
J. Cole Apologizes After Dissing Kendrick Lamar in 7 Minute Drill
Michael Vaca, News Writer • April 18, 2024

J.Cole released a diss track following Kendrick Lamar's diss toward Drake and J. Cole in a feature song called "Like That," but J.Cole recently...

Devils Canyon, San Bernardino California. Many hikers who like more challenging terrain hike through the canyon.
Body Found in San Bernardino
Jae Herrera, News Writer • April 18, 2024

On Saturday, April 14th, a plane crashed in the San Bernardino mountains. The Federal Aviation Administration stated that the plane was a twin-engine...

Ruby Franke and her family.
Ruby Franke Convicted with 4 Counts of Aggravated Child Abuse
Sam Konno, News Writer • April 18, 2024

Ruby Franke, a mother of 6, and a family blogger, was convicted with 4 counts of aggravated child abuse in December of 2023. Franke's therapist,...

Did The 2024 Grammy’s Get It Right?

Morgan Graves
Student viewing the Travis Scott Grammy performance

The controversy surrounding Travis Scott’s alleged Grammy snub by Killer Mike has sparked varied opinions within the music industry. Christian argues for a different understanding of the Grammy Awards, noting their unpredictability and the diverse perspectives among committee members. He suggests that attributing Travis’s loss solely to Killer Mike overlooks the complexities of the voting process and the validity of both artists’ achievements. Christian affirms the importance of recognizing the contributions of both musicians without disqualifying  their respective victories.

Jorge, a dedicated fan of Travis Scott expresses frustration over what he perceives as a disregard at the Grammy’s. Believing that Scott’s “Astroworld” album deserved more recognition, Jorge points to its commercial success and cultural impact. He suggests that Killer Mike’s win may have diverted attention from Scott’s achievements, leaving fans questioning the fairness of the Grammy selection process and feeling disappointed by the outcome.

These contrasting viewpoints underscore the biased nature of music awards and the passionate debates they arouse. While some, like Christian , urge for a deeper understanding of the awards process, others, like Jorge, express disappointment and skepticism. Ultimately, the controversy highlights the complex interplay between recognition and the perceptions of fans and industry insiders within the realm of music approval.