"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

Student viewing the Usher halftime show
Usher's 2024 Halftime Show
Morgan Graves, News Writer • February 22, 2024

Yeah yeah yeah! That's what millions were singing during Usher's halftime performance during Super Bowl LVII. He had guest performances by Alicia...

Photo showing an older Ellie in the second game in black and white.
The Last of Us: Show vs Game
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • February 20, 2024

I had never cried in the first episode of a TV show until I saw The Last of Us. As I already knew the game, it was interesting to see it translated...

A poster from the new movie Mean Girls in the iconic pink with iconic sayings from the movie.
Analyzing Mean Girls: Broadway vs Hollywood - A Cinamatic and Theatrical Faceoff
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • February 6, 2024

I think we can all agree that Mean Girls is iconic with our favorite sayings such as "fetch" and "On Wednesday we wear pink." Mean Girls is so...

Construction Teacher At Don Lugo Resigns

Michael Vaca
Mr. Fernandez instructing the class on how to use the skill saw before he left.

Due to sensitive nature of this topic these are all student speculations and not 100% credible. Mr. Fernandez, the teacher who taught intro to construction, has resigned due to multiple incidents here at Don Lugo. These are all student speculations and are not 100% credible. According to an anonymous student source they say he resigned due to a 1st incident of him not watching the kids while using the articulated miter saw. In the 2nd strike which sources said was he lost his keys somewhere in the class after he left a substitute teacher in charge of his keys and could not find them. All the incidents happened after the class visit to the Carpenters Union. The 3rd strike according to a student who got injured in the class was his final strike.

Again, these are student speculations and may not be credible. An anonymous teacher said he quit due to a family emergency and as a result of the family emergency during the end of the first semester.  The teacher who replaced Mr. Fernandez was a teacher from Upland High School named Mr. Alamos. Junior Eyan Orscoco stated he, “felt confused as he really gave no warning as he left and it seemed quick.” He feels that the new construction teacher seems a little more stern and strict but as long as you do the work and don’t have a bad attitude you will be fine. This is just a speculation that students have made and may not be 100% credible .Before Mr. Fernandez had resigned he had worked 1 year at Don Lugo. Currently at the moment there is no public official cause on why Mr. Fernandez was terminated or quit these are speculations currently at the moment. A lot of students have dropped the construction class due to the firing of Mr Fernandez and want him back in class. These are just speculations that students have created and may not be factual or 100% credible.