"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

Don Lugos Girls Flag Football Team during a scrimmage game against Chino High School.
Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football
Dyllan Cruz, Features Writer • April 24, 2024

For the first time in Don Lugo’s history, there is a Girl’s Flag Football team! The team officially kicked off in early April with their...

A picture of Sydney Sweeneys character Cecilia dressed as the Virgin Mary.
Review: Immaculate (2024)
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • April 24, 2024

“Immaculate” is an artistic piece that isn’t for the weak. The movie is a horror film that goes hand in hand with religion. This film...

The album cover of J.Coles album Might Delete Later where the song 7 Minute Drill is featured.
J. Cole Apologizes After Dissing Kendrick Lamar in 7 Minute Drill
Michael Vaca, News Writer • April 18, 2024

J.Cole released a diss track following Kendrick Lamar's diss toward Drake and J. Cole in a feature song called "Like That," but J.Cole recently...

Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football

Review: Immaculate (2024)

Don Lugo’s Fall Renaissance Sesame Street Themed Rally

Michael Vaca
The Don Lugo Dance Team Preparing To Perform Show During The Rally By Renaissance.

Don Lugo’s Rally on Friday was Sesame Street themed and Renaissance was giving out High Honor awards to students with high GPA’s. A major part of getting that award students got a High Honor Don Lugo pin and cord/sash. The rally had series of of games, one of which was where you had a net and had to grab the plastic balls and throw them into a bucket. Another game was where the contestants put Vaseline on their nose and had to pick up cotton balls and try to put as many as they can into the the cup and whoever had the most won the game. In the third game they had two contestants where one had to be holding a plastic cup on their head while the other one threw the ping pong ball and had to try and make it in the cup.

In the next game they had 7 contestants partake in an eating contest and whoever can consume it the fastest which for that challenge they gave out a chocolate chip cookie and milk. The school hip hop team performed to Lil Uzi Vert’s song, “I Just Wanna Rock“, and danced off. The Don Lugo cheer team also performed at the rally. Junior class-man, Austin Brown reported that the rally took 2 hours before the rally day. Yet, on the day of the rally it took 3 hours to set up completely, they had even come in early to set up. Brown stated, “the purpose of this rally was to hype the Don Lugo vs Santa Paula game”, in which Lugo won, “and to hype up school spirit and raise morale for students.”