"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

Don Lugos Girls Flag Football Team during a scrimmage game against Chino High School.
Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football
Dyllan Cruz, Features Writer • April 24, 2024

For the first time in Don Lugo’s history, there is a Girl’s Flag Football team! The team officially kicked off in early April with their...

A picture of Sydney Sweeneys character Cecilia dressed as the Virgin Mary.
Review: Immaculate (2024)
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • April 24, 2024

“Immaculate” is an artistic piece that isn’t for the weak. The movie is a horror film that goes hand in hand with religion. This film...

The album cover of J.Coles album Might Delete Later where the song 7 Minute Drill is featured.
J. Cole Apologizes After Dissing Kendrick Lamar in 7 Minute Drill
Michael Vaca, News Writer • April 18, 2024

J.Cole released a diss track following Kendrick Lamar's diss toward Drake and J. Cole in a feature song called "Like That," but J.Cole recently...

Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football

Review: Immaculate (2024)

The Superstitions of Friday the 13th

“unreal”
A spooky black cat! This photo was taken from a photographer names unreal from the website, pixexid.com.

Friday the 13th is the day where all the superstitions are especially unlucky. Everyone who knows about this specific Friday knows that this day is the most unluckiest day of the year. Especially if it happens to be in October, because that’s when all the spooky things occur. For this year specifically, this is the last Friday the 13th! Now, how did Friday the 13th occur in the first place? Well no one knows for sure how this day happened. Many speculate that this day was the day that witches would be burned at the stake. Christians believed that this was the day that Adam and Eve ate the forbidden apple. There’s so many things that are involved in this holiday, superstitions are a prime example of an important attribute of Friday the 13th.

So, to avoid having extra bad luck, here are some things to avoid and why. For starters, crossing paths with a black cats is really bad luck. Especially on Friday the 13th, which on this day, would be considered horribly unlucky. Black cats are associated with the Salem witch trails. Women who owned black cats, or were even seen with black cats on their properties, would be put on trial and accused of being a witch. So avoid black cats at all costs on Friday the 13th unless you have a black cat, then good luck!

Another unlucky superstition is an upside down horseshoe. Of course horse shoes have always been deemed lucky, but on this particular day a horseshoe is shown to be that your good luck will spill out if it’s facing upside down. Make sure your horseshoes are right side up if you have one around.

Another very common superstition is that breaking a mirror brings bad luck. Yes, breaking a mirror can give you 7 years of bad luck on any day, but you could possibly get double the years if you break a mirror on this day as well. Mirrors, in general, today are off putting because they create portals for spirits and especially for Bloody Mary to come along and look for extra victims to enjoy.

Spilling salt on Friday the 13th is especially bad because this will bring horrible luck and maybe the devil your way! Throwing salt is another thing. This is supposed to cleanse your energy and create a shield around you, but spilling salt on your table is another thing. So it is recommended to not spill salt, unless you want the devil around.

There are so many things that could go wrong on Friday the 13th, yes, but don’t let that stop you from enjoying your Friday and having fun with all the Halloween festivities. Many people who enjoy Friday the 13th find all kinds of this to do today. Like going to haunted houses, getting tattoos, or going to horror nights. Having fun and being safe is the best way to go about your day. Don’t be afraid to Go out and have fun.