Come and see the ASL Spring Performance!

https://pixabay.com/vectors/sign-language-american-language-40466/

Students from all ASL classes work hard every year to create an amazing experience for the audience.

Alex Reynolds, Commentary Writer

On April 14th, the ASL classes here at Don Lugo will be hosting our annual Spring Performance, where the students come together to make a wonderful show. The performance consists of the ASL 1-4 classes choosing songs to translate and sign on stage. There is often a wide variety of songs, from Disney classics to the most recent hits.

The performance is held every year in spring to commemorate the hard work that the students have put in throughout the year. Students spend months putting effort into translating their songs and learning unique dances, with props and costumes to accentuate their theme. It is a fun final project that all of the classes work very hard on and strive to show the audience a wonderful performance. Not only is it an amazing show, it is also a showcase of the community and friendship that these students have as they do their best to represent Deaf culture.

Tickets are now being sold at $8 each for adults, $5 each for students, and free for children 5 and under. All of the funds go toward our wonderful ASL club and program to allow students more field trips and a more interactive experience in the class. The performance will take place in the MPR at 6 pm on Friday, April 14th. You can buy your tickets in advance with Ms. Cienik or the ASL club president, Melanie De Loera. It is encouraged that you bring your family and friends to watch this fantastic performance to aid the program. It is truly a night to remember, and you would not want to miss it!