Senior Retreat information

Erika Hernandez

Informative flyers and forms that have been handed out to seniors for Senior Retreat

Erika Hernandez, Managing Editor

As the year slowly inches towards graduation for the Class of 2023, the exciting annual senior activities are starting to come up as well! Senior Retreat is one of the most anticipated senior activities that Don Lugo offers. It’s a weekend camp experience up in the icy San Jacinto mountains in Idyllwild where seniors cabin with fellow students and do many outdoor activities, as well as eating in a family style environment! Senior retreat is always something many teachers at Don Lugo anticipate and urge students to sign up for. The experience has always been praised as unforgettable and worth it for many past students and staff that have previously participated in chaperoning.

In case you haven’t gotten the news yet or missed the previous meeting, here’s some basic information about the trip and how to prepare! This year’s senior retreat is taking place from Friday, February 10th to Sunday, February 12th. Seniors are expected to have someone else drop them and their luggage off on the 10th between 8:30-9:15 am in the MPR and pick up an activity card. Make sure you label all your bags with your name. Seniors are also expected to attend their first 4 periods and then report to the MPR at lunch.

To the students drivers, you are not allowed to leave your car in the student parking for the whole weekend, so make sure you have a ride to school!

It is highly encouraged to pack plenty of warm clothes as temperatures are very cold in the mountains! This also includes a warm sleeping bag and a pillow as well. Make sure you pack plenty of extra socks in case your feet get wet and an empty water bottle. Pack appropriately as bags will be searched beforehand.

If you haven’t signed up for your cabin and bus yet, sign ups are still available at lunch! Be sure to have your Participation Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability Agreement form in hand or else you will not be allowed to sign up. Any friends that you’re planning to sign up with must be present with you as well, you cannot sign someone up without them. Any other questions can be taken up to Mrs. Ragsdale.

Senior Retreat is something many seniors look forward to as the semester begins to come to an end and the graduating class starts to prepare for all of the end of the year activities. If you’re an underclassman, definitely consider the opportunity of going in the future!