Lugo kids love stickers on their Hydro Flasks!

Lauren Duarte

Some of Lauren’s “Jolyn” stickers.  The company sends out stickers that can be appreciated by those that don’t know what it is, and those who do. “I enjoy water polo and I love to be competitive. I think my Hydro-Flask reflects that.

Brooke Selvidge, Technology, Reporter

Whether it’s one sticker or several plastered on a Hydro Flask, Lugo students like to show their sticker flare.  Many students have stickers ranging from random fun and meme symbols to sports teams and political affiliations. The collection of stickers seems endless and there’s no shortage of personality or limits to what students will put on their Hydro Flasks. For some, students may have stickers that represent a club they joined or a sports team they belong to while others have theirs covered in stickers from places that they have traveled to or the places they want to go in the future. Whatever their interest, Lugo students have joined the Hydro-Flask sticker craze.

Waterpolo player, Lauren Durate has stickers from a swimsuit company called Jolyn. These stickers represent Water Polo and some of her other interests along with ones that she thinks are cool. Many of her stickers came free with water polo gear, but she liked them enough to put them on her Hydro Flask. “I enjoy water polo and I love to be competitive.”

Some of Lauren’s “Jolyn” stickers.  The company sends out stickers that can be appreciated by those that don’t know what it is, and those who do. “I enjoy water polo and I love to be competitive. I think my Hydro-Flask reflects that.”(Lauren Duarte)

Student Tennis player Savana Medina has stickers of a cat on her Hydro Flask because she believes it looks like her cat. She also has a rose, a volleyball, a mermaid sticker that boasts the motto, “life is good.” Medina says, “I have a variety of interests and these stickers represent my favorite things.”

Briana Luperci, of the Dance Team, has stickers of Spider-man, Bart Simpson, sushi, a Panama Night sticker, a junior deputy sheriff sticker, and a boba sticker. Her hydro-flask is quite eclectic.  “They show my personality well because they are very diverse,” explained Briana.

Stickers on Hydro Flasks are yet another way for people to express their interests among their belongings. Hydro Flasks have become a vessel for sharing someone’s interests with other people, especially on campus.