Grad Fair is here!

Patricia Redaelly

Seniors pilling in from the enterence of the Don Lugo MPR to get their high school merchandice and memorabilia with thier families Photographer – Patricia Redaelly

Patricia Redaelly, News Reporter

Grad Fair is a senior event that is focused on giving the class of 2020 the opportunity to buy their graduation packages while prices are still low. On October 9, the students will be allowed to bring their parents to help them pick out their graduation items and get more information on other events. When walking into the building students will be greeted with different tables laid out in a circle, each one having something different involving senior activities and graduation.

Types of clothing they will be selling are hoodies, sweatshirts, beanies, caps, and gowns. Students will also be able to confirm their diploma names if they choose to attend. The vendors supplying all items will be Jostens. On October 2, Jostens held an assembly for information on class rings for seniors in the gym.

April Fuentes, who was turning in the papers for her son for senior merchandise at Grad Fair on October 2, 2019. Grad Fair, Photographer- Patricia Redaelly

They talked about what they offer and how much their items cost, as well as the price increase over time. Specifically, if you are interested in getting a free class ring, go follow them on Instagram, @jostens_sgv! The account is run by Tyler Olin, and their page’s bio gives more ways to contact them if you have any questions.

Screenshot Taken by Patricia Redaelly of the Jostens Instagram Bio page.

Going to Grad Fair is not mandatory, but students should attend in case they run into something they like but haven’t thought of before, “We want the seniors to attend Grad Fair to do one-stop shopping and get all of their graduation needs like their announcements for senior retreat and buying their cap and gown all in one spot. They don’t have to wait until the last minute,” according to Ms. Rigo-Witt.

So to all seniors, coming to Grad Fair is strongly recommended by your teachers and will only benefit you if you choose to come. It will also help your parents learn more about the events going on and what is yet to come for your senior year.  If you don’t go, you may regret it!