Don Lugo: One Team One Dream

The Don Lugo football team runs out excited for their game. They had a lot of hope before going out and playing each game. “Why not now

Hector Ortiz, Sports Editor

Football is the epitome of high school in America. A school with a strong football team is a great school, and a school with a bad football team usually has a bad reputation and will be less attractive to incoming freshman. The record of a schools football team usually sets the mood for sports the rest of the year.

Don Lugo has not had the best football team the past couple years. In fact, two years ago the football team was (1-9) and last year they were (3-6).  These are numbers that do not consist of a good varsity team. This year, Lugo’s team went through a lot of changes. These changes were believed to be good in our Chino community.

The team got a new head coach, a new coaching staff, and a new attitude. From the beginning of their season they spoke of winning Milkcan, having a winning season, and even making it to the playoffs. They shot for the stars and whenever anyone shoots for the stars they will land on a cloud.

From the first game of the season, Coach Garcia would say “why not us, why not now”. He made sure the team knew the check off list that he had imagined. The drive in his heart showed up in the heart of his players.

By the end of the football season the team ended the year (6-4) and had a winning season. This team built such as a great stepping stone for years to come. Coach Garcia is young and hungry for a championship.

” One team, one dream,” what does this mean? It means if one team, one group of individuals, come together as one, they can achieve anything. So why not our school? Why not now?”

The Don Lugo football team runs out excited for their game. They had a lot of hope before going out and playing each game. "Why not now
The Don Lugo football team runs out excited for their game. They had a lot of hope before going out and playing each game. “Why not us, why not now?” exclaimed Coach Garcia.