Lugo Boys Volleyball Team advanced to CIF for the first time in Don Lugo History

Boys+volleyball+middle+hitter%2C+Andrew+Partida%2C+mourns+as+he+realizes+that+his+volleyball+season+has+concluded.I+have+mixed+feelings+because+we+made+it+to+CIF+%2Cwhich+made+me+excited+but%2C+we+didnt+go+as+far+as+expected+expressed+Andrew+Partida.+If+boys+volleyball+would+of+won+%2C+they+would+of+went+on+a+boat+ride+to+play+in+Catalina+Island+

Mason Lopez

Boys volleyball middle hitter, Andrew Partida, mourns as he realizes that his volleyball season has concluded.”I have mixed feelings because we made it to CIF ,which made me excited but, we didn’t go as far as expected” expressed Andrew Partida. If boys volleyball would of won , they would of went on a boat ride to play in Catalina Island

Jessie Martinez, Sports Reporter

Don Lugo boys varsity volleyball team made it to CIF for the first time. The boys played against Pomona high school on Wednesday May 3rd, to see what bracket they would be put in for their CIF run.  Unfortunately, they lost the game with a score of 3-1.

The team’s season went well this year and was phenomenal overall, but on Saturday May 6th, their season came to an end. Even though this was the team’s first season together they still were able to exceed many people’s expectations and are excited to come back next year. Ernie Noguez, senior captain and a hitter, shared, ” In our season, there were a lot of bumps in the road and we were underestimated but we had a great season overall.”

My expectations going to CIF were to hope for the best. I know what I, and my teammates, are capable of and I’m sure that can make an impact in the post season!

— Ernie Noguez

Luis Vazquez, the senior captain of the back row, which is also called a libero, stated, “Making it to CIF is really big [for] us, but also the whole school and community because a lot of people did doubt us and like not being able to do what we did this season, it’s just really great that we made it as a team.” He continued, “Being on the first volleyball team felt like a really big accomplishment because I’m on the varsity team. I feel proud of myself and my fellow teammates with making history.”

Don Lugo’s Boys Volleyball team had their Senior Night for the Class of 2017