"Keeping Lugo Connected"
Photo Courtesy of Chino Valley Unified School District
As the Coronavirus begins to spread through the United States, school districts like the CVUSD are working to keep students safe.

Photo Courtesy of Chino Valley Unified School District As the Coronavirus begins to spread through the United States, school districts like the CVUSD are working to keep students safe.

BREAKING NEWS: Superintendent Norm Enfield releases statement on Coronavirus plan

Chino Valley Unified Superintendent Norm Enfield released a letter to the CVUSD family on March 9 detailing how schools will tackle worries about COVID-19, otherwise known as Coronavirus.  Staff took part in meetings to ensure understanding of the plan.  Luckily, the CVUSD has spent months preparing detailed precautions and let parents know what will happen if Coronavirus is detected in San Bernardino.

Enfield’s letter detailed how maintenance staff has taken increased precautions to ensure sanitation of schools.  Maintenance was directed to disinfect all offices and classrooms with ACE 61 Neutral Disinfectant, a cleaner the CVUSD has used for over 10 years. In addition, there are multiple steps being taken to ensure cleanliness of schools, including reinforced training, enhanced cleaning of high-contact areas, and the installing of additional hand sanitizers on campuses.

Enfield reminded CVUSD students and staff to practice proper hygiene, stay home when sick, wash hands often, and avoid physical contact when unnecessary.  Even if someone doesn’t seem sick, reducing contact decreases chances of spreading viruses.

School nurses also have provisions in place to ensure any sickness that does occur doesn’t spread.  Any students with flu-like symptoms will be sent home soon as possible, and will be separated from students without symptoms until they are picked up.  As an addition, school staff will be monitoring absences due to flu-like symptoms, and any cases that may be COVID-19 will be reported to the San Bernardino County of Public Health.

Superintendent Enfield explains at the end of the letter, “Currently, our District does not have plans to close any of our schools.”  He also states that in case there is a school closure ordered, parents will be notified with instructions about how to partake in online classes to continue schooling for as long as needed.  CVUSD is also prepared to make accommodations for families without access to the technology necessary to use online schooling.

The letter to staff suggests that as long as students follow proper safety measures and stay home when sick, they need not worry. The district claims they are working hard with the County of Public Health and communicating a tiered plan with administrators at each campus, should school closures become necessary.

Quest News • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Quest News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *