Say goodbye to checkout lines!

No+matter+how+long+your+shopping+list+may+be%2C+you+may+get+all+your+wanted+items+with+no+waiting+in+line.+Amazon+Go+will+open+its+first+store+in+early+2017.+Lugo+students+look+forward+to+local+stores+being+opened+in+the+near+future.+

Mau Mendoza

No matter how long your shopping list may be, you may get all your wanted items with no waiting in line. Amazon Go will open its first store in early 2017. Lugo students look forward to local stores being opened in the near future.

Mau Mendoza, Reporter

Amazon revolutionizes shopping with Amazon Go by getting rid of the hassle that comes with checkout lines! By simply using the Amazon app, customers walk into the Amazon store, grab the items they want and leave without ever having to wait in a line. All this is possible by using computer vision, sensor fusion and deep learning technology similar to what is used in self-driving cars.

This method of shopping will only be available in Amazon stores with the proper technology set up. This technology “automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in an individual cart.” At the end of an individual’s shopping experience when they leave the store, the app will automatically charge the holder’s Amazon account and send a receipt.

The establishment will offer freshly made meals as well as regular grocery products from local and national companies. Although the first Amazon store will open in Seattle, Washington in early 2017, the excitement is shared locally. Don Lugo senior, Alex Valerio shares his perspective on the news saying, “I sure hope the project works out and we have our own Amazon store in our city. It is great for students who may need to purchase a quick healthy meal.”