A Lugo power up for Wonder Woman

Gal+Gadot+poses+at+Comic+Con+for+the+announcement+of+the+new+Wonder+Woman+movie.++The+movie+is+said+to+be+released+June+2%2C+2017.+Which+is+only+five+months+before+the+release+of+Justice+League%3A+Part+One+an+movie+featuring+Superman%2C+Batman%2C+and+Wonder+Woman.+

Public Domain Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Gal Gadot poses at Comic Con for the announcement of the new Wonder Woman movie. The movie is said to be released June 2, 2017. Which is only five months before the release of Justice League: Part One an movie featuring Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.

Paola Espinosa, Reporter

This past week Warner Bros. and DC dropped a very anticipated trailer for the new Wonder Woman movie. Super heroes are always played as male roles but one of the greatest superheros a woman; Wonder Woman is back to break the status quo. Since December 1941 when the first Wonder Woman comic was released she became and icon and the new movie is complete with more action than ever before, and the comic book fans at Lugo couldn’t be any-more thrilled.

The film will be an origin story for Princess Diana of Themyscira who first made her debut in “Batman vs. Superman” earlier this year. The film reviled that Wonder Woman had accomplishments that spanned thousands of decades. The new movie will take place during World War 1 and will show how Wonder Woman will  save us from all the “bad men” as she explores the complexity of history. She starts off with the warrior princess’s mythological birthplace where women are the ones that rule and shows how she will try to end “the war to end all wars.”

The film was directed by Patty Jenkins and stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. The trailer displayed some of the exciting ways that Wonder Woman will be using her “Sword of Athena”, “Lasso of Truth”, and “Bracelets of Submission”. By the looks of it the audience will have a lot to look forward to.

The film was directed by Patty Jenkins and stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. The trailer also showed the iconic steamy chemistry between Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor who is played by Chris Pine, but being bonded to a man might just be her weakness. It is said to premiere June 2nd of 2017. Which is only five months before “Justice League: Part One” is released, another DC film featuring Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. With the production of the two movies taking place next year, Lugo has alot to be excited about especially the very comic savvy ones that walk the campus daily.