Lugo Unites in Homecoming Spirit

Image+created+by+ASB+student+staff+shows+the+spirit+days+and+what+they+consist+of.+Homecoming+spirit+week+extends+from+October+10+to+October+14.+The+Homecoming+dance+will+take+place+in+campus+on+October+15th%2C+beginning+at+7PM.+

Image created by ASB student staff shows the spirit days and what they consist of. Homecoming spirit week extends from October 10 to October 14. The Homecoming dance will take place in campus on October 15th, beginning at 7PM.

Mau Mendoza, Reporter

Lugo bolsters the excitement for Homecoming through a week repleted with spirit filled days. Just like any other major event in the school year, the Homecoming dance is preceded by a “spirit week” in which all members of the school can interact in unison to increase the amount of school spirit.

Monday, October 10th, marked the most bold of the spirit days as students were encouraged to transform into the style of musician and pop culture icon, Kanye West. The rest of the week’s spirit days were announced as following: Tuesday (10/11), Class Color Day; Wednesday (10/12), Tacky Tourist Day; Thursday (10/13), Festival of Colors; Friday (10/14), Lugo Spirit Day.

There is significant enthusiasm surrounding the spirit day of ‘Festival of Colors.’ In this day, students will be able to show support towards their favorite candidates running for the titles of Homecoming King and Queen. When asked about which spirit day she looks forward to the most, senior Gabrielle Viera notes, “I’m excited for the Festival of Colors because it gets everyone involved and creates a friendly rivalry which is always fun.

On Saturday, October 8th, all grade levels were invited to decorate their class’ float. These floats will carry the members of the Homecoming court as they are presented at the Homecoming football game on Friday, October 14th. Final voting to elect the Homecoming King and Queen will take place during lunch on October 13th.