University of Nevada Las Vegas gives a presentation

Public Domain Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia commons

University of Nevada Las Vegas made a visit to Don Lugo High School. UNLV had a presentation for Lugo students in a meeting at the Career Center with mostly seniors wanting to attend UNLV in their future.

Janessa Meza, A&E Reporter

On September 30th the University of Nevada Las Vegas gave a presentation of their school in the Career Center at Don Lugo High School. The presentation was for all grades on the Don Lugo campus that would like to attend the university in the future or once they graduate from high school. Most of the students who attended the presentation were seniors.

UNLV speaker spoke about the many courses that students can major in such as Business, Engineering, Fine Arts, Law, Liberal Arts, Nursing, Sciences, Urban Affairs ,and much more. The University of Nevada Las Vegas is a school that to attend you are required to have a 3.0 GPA and reasonably high SAT and ACT score.  The university has a rule that all freshmen that are planning to attend to the university must live on campus.

To live on the UNLV campus you must pay about 2,900 dollars for your first year in the college. University of Nevada Las Vegas has a total undergraduate enrollment of 23,801, with a gender distribution of 44 percent male students and 56 percent female students.The University of Nevada, Las Vegas is an American public research institution located in the Las Vegas suburbs of Paradise, Nevada. The 332-acre campus is located approximately 1.6-mile east of the Las Vegas Strip.

More colleges will soon be visiting the Career Center on the Don Lugo campus within these next few weeks. For many seniors the application window just opened, leaving them with a plethora of colleges to choose from. So ideally these presentations came in just in time and will hopefully help students decide which college they would like to attend.