Chino dares to fair

Chino+High+School+marching+band+displayed+vibrant+colors+as+they+represented+at+Chino+Fair+Day+on+Wednesday%2C+September+14th.+The+day+was+filled+with+laughter+and+excitement+for+all+Chino+residents.+Every+year%2C+Don+Lugo+alumnus+cheer+on+band+and+color+guard+has+they+proudly+represent+Lugo.+++

Mau Mendoza

Chino High School marching band displayed vibrant colors as they represented at Chino Fair Day on Wednesday, September 14th. The day was filled with laughter and excitement for all Chino residents. Every year, Don Lugo alumnus cheer on band and color guard has they proudly represent Lugo.

Mau Mendoza, Reporter

The entire community rallied in celebration for Chino Day at the Fairplex grounds on September 14,2016. City of Chino residents were able to enjoy their favorite foods and activities offered by the L.A. County Fair along with special events planned by the community. For this particular day, residents of Chino were granted entry to the fair for only five dollars.

The L.A. County Fair shows its support for local communities by hosting the Annual L.A. County Fair Community Days Program. At this year’s Community Day for Chino, residents of the city were able to witness and participate in the Community Day parade, the high school marching band competition, and Community Hero Awards ceremony. The Don Lugo pride was prevalent throughout the festive occasion.

Every year, the Fair commemorates three individuals for outstanding services in the community. Don Lugo graduate, Bridgette Rojas, was chosen as this year’s Youth Community Hero due to her constant willingness to serve the community and her continuous display of kindness towards others. Rojas expressed gratitude for her teachers at Don Lugo for influencing her to “always do better for others.”

Chino attendees shared great excitement as both Don Lugo and Chino High School marching bands partook in the parade. The absence of both schools’ dance teams and cheer teams resulted in a less enthusiastic presentation as Chino resident, Lisa Macias, remarked that such groups “make the atmosphere more spirited.” Other organizations such as the Chino Boxing Club, Chino Junior Police, and Chino Fire Department also made an appearance in the parade.