Samsung s7 Notes are not allowed in airports

Samsung+s7+is+not+allowed+in+airports+due+to+the+batteries+exploding.+Most+airlines+have+a+specific+ban+on+putting+such+devices+or+batteries+inside+checked+baggage%2C+to+prevent+further+incidents.+Samsung+is+currently+recalling+all+s7+Notes+and+new+ones+will+be+available+in+approximately+two+months.+

Joel Chavez

Samsung s7 is not allowed in airports due to the batteries exploding. Most airlines have a specific ban on putting such devices or batteries inside checked baggage, to prevent further incidents. Samsung is currently recalling all s7 Notes and new ones will be available in approximately two months.

Joel Chavez, Tech Reporter

As the holiday season approaches, Lugo students will be visiting family members, whether it is out of state or out of the country. Unfortunately, the new Samsung s7 Notes are no longer allowed in airports due to battery explosions.  The battery causes the phone to overheat and on some occasions, they burst into flames and leak dangerous chemicals.

It is possible that the explosion cases could have been caused by a malfunctioning battery or from overcharging. The Federal Aviation Administration stated that because of concerns about fires involving the new smartphone, it is no longer allowed in U.S. airports. Most airlines have already placed a specific ban on putting such devices or batteries inside checked baggage.

On Friday Samsung stated,“we plan to expedite new shipments of Galaxy Note 7 starting from this week in order to alleviate any safety concerns and reduce any inconvenience for our customers.”