Lugo is full of Halloween spirit!

Office+staff+getting+into+the+Halloween+spirit+this+year.+They+decided+to+show+their+love+for+the+holiday+by+dressing+up.+

Vicky Hutchens

Office staff getting into the Halloween spirit this year. They decided to show their love for the holiday by dressing up.

Valerie Torres, News Editor

It’s Halloween, and Don Lugo isn’t short of spirit! If students look around campus they may see some of their favorite familiar faces of the Don Lugo staff dressed up for this Halloween. They’re making sure to keep the spirit of Halloween high and genuinely enjoying the holiday as well!

Our very own Activities Director, Mrs. Rigo-Witt was dressed as a Star Wars Jedi Knight because of her love for the series! She exclaimed, “My kids are also Jedi’s for Halloween!.” It’s clear Mrs. Rigo-Witt is already having fun this Halloween.

In the English department, Mr. Swift is dressed as the beloved Pikachu! And his partner for this costume? None other than Mrs. Deming, who was happy to be his Pokemon trainer, Ash! The theatre duo posed for several “together” pictures and Mr. Swift’s reason for dressing up and agreeing to the silly antics, “Because Mrs. Deming caught me!”

However, they aren’t the only teachers enjoying and spreading Halloween spirit: Biology teacher Ms. Weinstein is dressed up as a pig and beamed, “I wanted to be carnitas!”

The office is also full of spirit! Ms. Kelly decided to dress as the Mad Hatter for this year’s Halloween, and explained, “I love the holidays and I wanted to be in spirit.” Counselor Ms. Silva chose a robber for her costume this year and truly wanted to share the Halloween spirit with students. She claimed, “In the office, I like to keep the Halloween spirit, and share the spirit with the students!”

Ms. Boschee brought Dia De Los Muertos to life with her Miguel Rivera costume and guitar from the movie “Coco”, and in the records office, Ms. Hoy had the idea of dressing up as a Starbucks barista with her granddaughter. She happily told, “I love Starbucks and I’m matching my granddaughter.”

The spirit to dress up along side students is strong with Don Lugo’s fun-loving staff!  It seems like they love the holiday of Halloween!