Lugo Coin is pointing students toward success

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo Courtesy of Rebecca Barksdale

Photo Courtesy of Rebecca Barksdale

Photo Courtesy of Rebecca Barksdale

Photo Courtesy of Rebecca Barksdale

Rebecca Barksdale, News Reporter

is Don Lugo has created an inspiring new way to get students to enjoy walking the conquistador way. Lugo coin will inspire students to have a positive influence on their school, and want to keep their campus a helpful learning environment. It will also encourage students to help others who are struggling, and simply help students put more effort into classes in general. Students can also get rewards for being involved after earning enough stickers on their Passport.

Lugo coin is a transferable school currency made to reward students who are involved with their academics. It is also a thank you to the students for their remarkable choices at Don Lugo. By being respectful, responsible, and involved, students will find themselves collecting a lot of Lugo coin. This will also bring the school closer together.

When the reward system was originally in design, it was going to be named Cowboy Cash. However, Aiden Deming stepped in to present a new name for the idea. He said he was inspired by Bitcoin and also because no one would want to use “Cowboy Cash.”

Eventually, Aiden decided to name it Lugo coin to make it more connected to Don Lugo. Aiden believes that soon everyone will be using Lugo coin to get a free snack, a homework pass, or even a lunch with Dr. Cabrera. Hopefully students will find the new reward system fun and useful.

The goal of Lugo coin is to inspire a new sense of school pride. Soon, it should have a wonderful effect on Don Lugo. Parents will see that the school their children’s school is creating new ways for them to accomplish great things. At the end of the interview Aiden gleamed, “Students will see this opportunity and jump on board with the idea. You can earn Lugo coin but only the fiercest will be great.”