"WE HEAR YOU!"

Quest News

2 Huge games for Lugo’s varsity water polo boys

Jessie Martinez, Sports Editor

On Wednesday November 8, Don Lugo played against cross-town rivals the Chino Cowboys in semifinals at Mt. Sac. The water polo boys went into this game with high hopes of redemption after they suffered a loss at the fish bowl with a score of 8-9. The conquistadors showed great team work at semifinals which made them win that game and move on to finals for CIF.

The game started with Chino scoring two quick goals. However, Stephen Cuadras came back scoring the first goal of the night with AJ Parks following up with 3 goals. Overall the final score of the night was 15-11. Senior AJ Parks scored 6 goals, senior Ravan Pascual with 3 goals, junior Stephen Cuadras with 2 goals, senior Noah Slack with 1 goal, junior Eric Medina with 1 goal and sophomore David Vizcaino with 1 goal.

Stephen Cuadras commented, “Playing against Chino it felt very redeeming and what was different was that we knew they wouldn’t be a push over team.” Cuadras also stated, “Going into semifinals, I felt confident in my teams ability and determination in winning.”

Playing against Chino it felt very redeeming and what was different was that we knew they wouldn’t be a push over team.”

— Stephen Cuadras

On Saturday November 11, the water polo boys played in finals against Temescal Canyon. Unforunately, the boys had lost with a score of 7-10.  Even though the boys did not win they were ranked #8 in the division.

During the game, AJ Parks scored 2 goals, Noah Slack scored 2 goals and Stephen Cuadras scored 3 goals. “We did amazing, we had a great season and exceeded everyone’s expectations. First by beating Alta Loma twice to win league to make us undefeated and then going all the way to finals ranked as #8 in the division. We were the underdogs and we turned heads this season,” stated AJ Parks. AJ also had to say, “During the game, we didn’t play to our full potential because we could’ve won but we just made too many mistakes, even with our loss today we still played super well. They thought they were going to crush us but we were with three goals the whole game.”