Robots in classrooms advance learning

Changes+in+curriculum+in+multiple+schools+around+the+world+may+show+the+future+of+education.+Learning+with+the+help+of+robots+and+drones+is+no+longer+science+fiction+and+it+is+proving+to+be+very+effective.+Image+above+shows+the+ability+of+humans+being+able+to+interact+with+robotic+technology.+

Wikimedia Commons

Changes in curriculum in multiple schools around the world may show the future of education. Learning with the help of robots and drones is no longer science fiction and it is proving to be very effective. Image above shows the ability of humans being able to interact with robotic technology.

Mau Mendoza, Reporter

In London, students are working alongside robots and drones to learn in ways like never before. Contrary to most schools around the world, the students in London Design and Engineering university technical college invest significant time learning how to program and code as part of their curriculum. There are currently 48 university technical colleges (UTC) in London who use the help of robots and drones to teach students programming along with other traditional subjects.

Although many resist to the idea of transferring students from traditional schools into UTC’s, “statistics suggest that pupils attending UTC’s have just as good results if not better than those in more conventional schools.” Teaching with the aid of virtual reality, robots, or drones is proving to be more effective since students show greater interest and eagerness to interact with new material. James Culley, head of computer science at an UTC in London, tells the BBC, “I have never seen students learn so quickly.”

Some schools in the USA have implemented this innovative style of teaching into their curriculum after seeing coding as a helpful life skill for students. It may not be long until even the Don Lugo classroom includes such valuable knowledge into its curriculum considering the Principles of Engineering course on campus already touches basis on coding and programming. As technology advances and grows in importance, the skills current students have should develop at the same rate.