First day of school sure to surprise DALHS students

Public Domain Photo

DALHS students will be surprised to find out what the first day of school has in store for them.

Janessa Meza, News Reporter

Don Antonio Lugo will start it’s new school year on the first day with workshops, BBQ, and an assembly for the whole school. Dr.Cabrera, the Principal of Don Lugo and ASB Advisor Miss. Rigo-Wittz have decided to change up the first day of school for the 2017-2018 year. The first day will consist of all Don Lugo students attending a workshop to start of the first day.

Principal Dr.Cabrera has decided that Don Lugo should be the first school in the Chino Valley School District to have its first day of school that does not consist of “sitting in class and listening to the same lecture for six periods.” The event will end before the school day and students will receive their schedules from their teachers.

We want to change it up for next years school year.

— Mrs. Rigo-Witt

For the assembly there will be a guest speaker. The students will have the opportunity to interact with the speaker and ask him or her questions. Students then will be able to attend a school wide barbecue to spend time with their friends.

The Don Lugo students will have the second day to finally meet their teachers and classmates that they will have for the remander of the year. Dr.Cabrera commented, “if the first day goes well with what is planned then it might become a whole week of workshops and not going officially to class until the second week of school.” The school would have one whole week to hangout with friends and get to meet other students.

How do you think the first day of next years school year will go?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...